By Jason Houtsma
I don’t know a single worship leader who doesn’t want more solid musicians on their worship team. Identifying those musicians through an audition process is the first step to getting them there. But how can you set new worship team members up for success once they’ve made the team?
Set clear expectations
A new team member is a blank slate. Setting clear expectations from the beginning will benefit you and your new team member. They don’t know the culture and are looking to you, as the leader, to define it.
Think through answers to questions like these:
- How often do you practice?
- What time does practice start?
- When can they get in the building to set up?
- How well should they know the songs when they show up?
- Do you send out practice materials in advance?
- If you do, when should they expect them?
- What does a typical practice consist of?
- What should they wear on Sunday?
Offering this information before it’s asked will communicate your…