Nearly 80 percent of private Christian schools in the United States say they have experienced increased enrollment since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new report that also says many of those same schools are struggling to meet the demand.
The survey, released Tuesday and conducted earlier this year, found that 43 percent of private Christian school leaders say enrollment has increased “substantially” in the past two years, and 36 percent say it has increased “somewhat,” for a total of 79 percent who say enrollment is up, according to the report by DickersonBakker.
Multiple issues have led to the increased demand, the report says.
“A convergence of cultural factors, from the remote learning that took place during the pandemic to moral and social concerns, is causing increased numbers of parents to consider alternative education for their children,” the report says. “Christian schools across the nation appear to be…