Earth Day provides great chances to think of the different ways we can help the earth. One way that kids often enjoy this is by thinking about endangered species.
There are all different kinds of animals that are endangered, but the polar bear tends to be a favorite among children. This Earth Day science experiment of making polar-bear fur out of balloons will help them see God’s hand in the design of his creatures!
Earth Day Science Experiment: Making “Polar-Bear Fur”
– Lots of balloons
– Large container
– Ice water
– Rubber bands
1. Fill the container with ice water.
2. Ask the children to stick their fingers in the ice water (“Brrrrrr”).
3. Explain that the polar bear has thick, hollow fur all over his body.
4. Ask the children to wrap to balloons around their fingers and secure them with the rubber bands.
5. Have the children put their wrapped fingers back in the ice water.
Because the balloons are thick and hollow like the bear’s fur, the…