What is missiology? | Ed Stetzer
Ed Stetzer recently wrote a short introductory article addressing what missiology is and is not. For those wondering what my PhD in Intercultural Studies (another term for missiology in general), or what I study, this is a pretty good summary/overview.
What missiology is not:
- Not simply giving an angst-driven look at current church norms
- Not merely being critical of what doesn’t work in the church
- Not the same as evangelism
What missiology is:
- An academic discipline
- Asks not only the “how” question but also the “why”
- Seeks to help the church fulfill her mission locally & globally.
Stetzer defines missiology as
the reflective discipline that undergirds & guides the Church’s propagation endeavors as it advances the knowledge of the gospel in all its fullness to every people, everywhere.
Read full article here.