Here is the video of the debate:
Here is my summary of the Craig-Rosenberg debate, which occurred on February 1st, 2013 at Purdue University.
Below is the summary.
Dr. Craig’s opening speech:
The topic: What are the arguments that make belief in God reasonable or unreasonable?
First speech: arguments for reasonableness of belief in God
Second speech: respond to arguments against reasonableness of belief in God
- Contingency argument: God – a transcendent, personal being – is the explanation of why a contingent universe exists.
- Cosmological argument: God is the cause of the beginning of the universe, which is attested by physics and cosmology.
- Applicability of mathematics to nature: God is the best explanation for the applicability of mathematics to nature.
- Fine-tuning argument: God is the best explanation of the fine-tuning of the universe to permit life.
- Intentionality of conscious…