Eight paper hearts become a small door wreath for Mom in this sweet Mother’s Day craft!
- Colored Craft Paper
- Scissors, adult’s and children’s
- Stick glue
- Thin craft ribbon, pastel colored
1. If you have very young children in the class you might save time by cutting the strips of colored paper for them.
2. Make a few sample hearts for them by following the steps in the instructions.
3. Cut one piece of twine for each student, about eight inches long and a piece of ribbon the same length.
Have students follow these directions:
1. Cut out the strips to make the hearts.
2. Bend each strip in half.
3. On one strip bent in half, place a line of stick glue on the outer half-inch of each tip.
4. Bend the two tips inward so that the glue on each touches each other. Squeeze to make a heart.
5. Repeat on all the strips until you have eight hearts.
6. Create a wreath or circle shape out of the hearts, all with the tips pointed in.